Jin Tong Wang
Department of Physics,
Southern University & A&M College
P. 0. Box 10554
BATON ROUGE, LA 70813
BS in engneering mechanics, July, 1965, USTC in China.
MS in physics, May, 1983, Montana State University.
Ph.D in pli)7sics, August, 1986, Montana State University.
Teaching and Research Experience:
- August, 1995-present, Assistant Professor, Southern University, A & M College,
teaching General Physics and Labs. and conducting reseirch on piezoelectricity,
ferroelectricity, magnetism, and high Tc superconductivity.
- June, 1995-August, 1995, Visiting Scientist, Texas Center for Superconductivity,
University of Houston,engaging in the research on piezoelectric/5uperconducting
thin films and i-nelt-textlired superconducting materials.
- January, 1988-August,1995, Lecture/Scientist,Department of Physics, Lincoln
University, conducting research program: "Impurity and Related Studies of
Superconducting Nlaterials", "Far Infrared, N4agnetic, and Electronic Studies
of High Tc superconducting Materials", and supervising undergraduate students
- "Magnetic and Thermodynamic Properties of Sr2LaFe3o9", J.Appl.Phys. 79 (8),
- "Specific Heat abd Magnetization of Co2_xSc1+xSn",J.Appl.Phys.79 (89) 4812 (1996).
- "Anomalies of Hypersound Velocity and Attenuation in Ferroelectric TriSarcosine Calcium
Chloride (TSCC) for Small-Angle and Right Angle Brillouin
- Scattering and Brillouin Backscattering", Phys. Rev. B 34, 416 (1986).
- "Antiferroelectric Phase Transition in Ammoniumm Dihydrogen Phosphate Induced by
Short-Range Interaction", jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 24, 944 (1985).
- "Observation of Glass Behavior at Low Fields in Polycrystalline YBa2Cu3O7", Phys.
Rev, B 51, 8390 (1995).
- "Electron Energy Loss Studies on V,Nb,Ta and VN, NbN, and TaN", Physics Letters A 173 163(1993).
Preprints and Presentations
- "Impturity Effects of S on Superconductivity in YBa2Cu3O7-x".
- "Field-Dependencre of Magnetic Moment Decay in a Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox Single Crystal".
- "Specific Heat and Magnetization Of Co2_xSc1+xSn".
- "A More Quantitative Model for SiEtching in KOH or KOD".
- " Temperature and Field-Dependence of Resistance of YBa2Cu3O7-x in the
Superconductor under Zero Field inLi Fielci-Cooled Conditions".
Department of Physics of Faculty