Department of Physics 7637 Don Budge Ave.
Southern University Wimbledon Estates
Baton Rouge, LA 70813 Baton Rouge, LA 708 1 0
AREA OF INTEREST:
Preparation and characterization of materials for Sofid State Batteries, Solid State Sensors, CMOS Devices, and Photonics.
- June 1995 - Aug 1995: Physicist, Development of Fiber Optic Envirorunental Sensors, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550
- June 1994 - Aug 1994: Staff Chemist, lonicafly Conducting Materials for Sensors and Fuel Cefls, Material Science Division, LLNL, California 94550.
- May 1993 - Aug 1993: Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Microelectronics, Aflentown, Studied "Redistribution of Dopants and Identification of Metal Dopant compounds in Refi-actory Metal Sificides" and Impurity Analysis of DC inagnetron sputtered WSi films.
- May 1992 - Aug 1992:: Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Bell Laboratories,Allentown, PA-181103. Studied "Interdiffusion and Intermetalfic formation 'of Al-Si-Cu/TN/TiSi2/SiO2.' Junction Integrity and Thermal Stability Studies.
- May 1991 - Aug 1991: Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Bell Labs., Aflentown. Studied "Formation of multiple TiSI2 on implanted profiles, dopant effects in polysflicon and diffusion kinetics of TiSi2/Polysificon thin film couples.'
- May 1990 - Aug 1990: Member of Technical StaiT AT&T Bell Labs, Allentown. Studied hermal Stability of TiS'2 1 and its impact on CMO technologies." Also involved in the charactefimtlon of Rapid Thermally Annealed titanium films contacting sificide and non sificide junctions.
- May 1989 - Aug 1989: Research Associate, Corrosion Research Center, Department of Chemical
Engineering, University of Minnesota, MN. Studied "Preparation and characterization of sofid electrolytes for solid state batteries and sensors."
- May 1987 - Aug 1987: Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of New
Orleans, NO, LA- Studied "Electron density distribution of metal afloys."
- March 1985 - Aug 1986: Post Doctoral Fellow, Dept. of Chemistry, University of New Orleans, LA- "Crystal structure determination of some selected 'morgamc complexes."
- March 1977 - March 1980: Senior Research Fellow, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras-36. Studied "Optical and electrical properties of ions in solids."
- March 1974 - March 1977: Junior Research Fellow, CSM- Worked in the project "Development of Optical Memory DeNices.
- Aug 1992 - present Associate professor, Department of Physics, Southern Univ., LA,
Huel Perkins Teacher of the Year 1994,
and College Teacher of the Year 1993, Southern University
- Aug 1986 - Aug 1992 Asst. Professor, Southern Univ., Baton Rouge, LA 70813
- Aug 1980 - Feb 1985 Lecturer in Physics, Department of Physics,
Nagarjuna University, KLCE, Guntoor Dt., India
- Solid State Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Modern Physics
- General Physics
- Elementry Physics
- Earth Science
- Physical Science
- Special Problems in Physics
- Ph.D Physics 1982 Indian Institute of Technology, Madras,India.
- Ms Physics 1974 School of Studies in Physics, Vikram University, Ujjain.
- BS Physics 1972 Andhra University, Waltair.
- Effect of Rapid Theory Nitrided Titanium Film contacting sificided and non-sificided
juncfions. S.Chittipeddi, M.J.Kelly, C.M. Dziuba, V.C.Kannan, W.T.Cochran and B.Rambabu.
Vol. 22, No. 7, 783-797, 1993.
- Effect of Dopants in Sabcided Titanium Disificided CMOS Structures.. S.Chittipeddi,
M.J.Kelly et. al., W.T.Cochran and B.Rambabu: Semic. Sci.& Techn Vol 8. 1993, 2023-2029
- Integfity of Shallow Junction CMOS Structures with Ti/TN/Al-Si-Cu and Ti/TN/Al-Cu
Contact Metalizations. S.Chittipeddi et. al., W.T.Cochran, and B.Rambabu, Advanced
Metalizations for ULSI Applications in 1993, UC, Oct 5-7, 1993. Accepted for Publication
in Solid State Electronics, Vol 38, *, July 1995). No 12 PP 2035-2040, 1995.
- Contaminations and Impurities in DC magnetron Sputtered WSi film: An analytical study
M.J.Sundhal et. al. and B.Rambabu, AT&T TM Dec 1993/Jan 1994, Physica. Stat. Solidi Jan 1995.
- Thermal Stabibty of Titanium disiecide and its impact in CMOS'structures, S.Chittipeddi et al
and B.Rambabu, AT&T TM 52814-911608-01 TN4. NSBP, May 1992, p 68-71.
- Silver Arsenate Electrolyte Batteries: Conduction Characteristics and Electrochemical Performance:
P. S. S.Prasad and B Rambabu. J. of Power Sources. Vol. 34, 339-352, 1991
- Fast Ion Conducting Glasses: Effect of preparation on conductivity and correlation with surface
analysis using Scanning Electron Mcroscopy: P.S.S.Prasad and B.Rambabu. Journal of Material
Science. Vol 26, 2451-247,1991.
- Compositional dependent electrical conductivity in Silver Arsenite Solid Electrolytes:
P. S. S. Prasad and B. Rambabu, Journal of Mat. Sci. Letters, Vol.9, 1066-1070, 1990.
- Experimental Thinfilm Deposition and Surface Analysis techniques. Materials for Solid State
Batteries, World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore. pp.83-89, 1986.
- Binuclear Molecular Incorporating Small Molecular as bridging figands. Magnetic Properties and
Molecular structure of (Cu L-B] where B=OFF or Br or Cl. Bi-(N-2-Pyridyl formodolyl)
U-methylphenol. J. of Inorganic Chem. Vol.25, No. 14, 2300-2310, 1986. Charles J.O'Conner
et. al., B.Rambabu and Edwin D. Stevens.
- Radiation Effects on Co and N-i doped NH4CL crystals. Nuclear instruments and methods in
Physics Research, 356, ACN 462-468 1984. B.Rambabu, C.Ramasastry and B.V.R Chowdari.
- Radiation damage studies of Co and Ni doped NH4CL crystals.
Phys. Stat. Solidi(b) 118, 381 (1983). B.Rambabu, C.Ramasastry and B.V.R Chowdari.
- Cobalt Centers in Ammonium Chlofide: optical absorption studies. Physica Status Sobdi(b)
118, 541 1983. B.Rambabu, C.Ramasastry and B.V.R. Chowdari.
- Optical Absorption bands of Cu CsBr crystals. Physica Status Solidi(b) 90, 465
(1978).B.Rainbabu and B.V.R-Chowdari.
Over 30 publications in professional journals, several in conferences, and experience
with experimental techniques such as AES, XPS, XRD, SEK TEK ESR, optical absorption
spectrophotometers, thin film deposition and crystal growth techniques.
Department of Physics of Faculty