3101 Highland Road Apt. 318
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Ph.D. Physics, Institute of Semiconductors, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev, USSR, March 1983.
- Major Condensed Matter Physics.
- Concentration: Phase transitions and many-body effects in the low
- M.S. Physics, Institute of Semiconductors, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev, USSR, Aug. 1981.
- B. S. Physics, Kiev State University, Kiev, USSR, 1978.
- Major: Condensed Matter Physics; concentration: methods of quantum field theory in the solid state physics. Computer simulation of phase transitions (FORTRAN, PASCAL).
- Jul. 1992 - present: Assistant Research Professor
Department of Physics, Southern University and A&M College, Batol-i Rouge, LA 70813
Superconductivity and correlation effects in a layered system. Effects of vertex corrections on the Fermi liquid behavior. Electron-plionon interaction and relaxation processes in a layered and multila@@,ereci systems.
- Sep. 1991- Jul. 1992: Visiting Research Professor
Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Fermi liquid effects in a layered system. Electron-plasmon interaction in a layered system.
- 1987-1991 : Scientist-researcher
Institute of Surface Chemistry Ukrainian Academy of Science, Kiev,
The phase transitions in one- and two-dimension systems of the localized momenta with long- range interaction (XY-moLiel); mechanisms of superconductivity in the low dimensional systems; the effect of narrow band on the superconducting and normal state properties in a layered 2D Fermi liquid. Diffusion of the point defects in crystals and mechanisms of the stimulated diffusion.
- 1983-1987: Scientist-researcher
Institute of Semiconductors Ukrainian Academy of Science, Kiev, USSR Interaction of the infrared laser radiation with the narrow- gap and A-111 B-V semiconductors; degenerated electron-hole plasma and plienoi-i-iena related to the transport and optical properties of the high density electronhole plasma.
Personal Permanent resident of the United States.
Publication (selected since 1990)
- E.A.Pashitskii, Yu.M.Malozovsky, A.V.Semenov. "Interaction of current
carriers with acoustic plasmons as a possible reason for anomalous relaxation in cuprate metal-oxide compounds". Sov. Phys. JETP, 73 (2), 1991, p.255-269.
- Yu.M.Malozovsky, V.M.Rozenbaum. "Orientational ordering in tvvodimensional systems with long-range interaction." Physica A 17@@5 1991, p.127-
- Yu. M.Malozovsky, V.S.Rozenbaum. "Orientational ordering in twodimensional systems with long-range forces." So@@,.Phys. JETP 71 (1), 1990, p. 147-153.
- E.A.Pashitskii, Yu.M.Malozovsky, A.V.Semenov. "Plasmon spectruii-i and
Landau damping for a layered crystal in the tight-binding apidroximation."
Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 36
- Y.Malozovsky, S.M.Bose, P.Longe. "Calculation of the self-eiiergy in a layered two-dimensional electron gas. Phys. Rev. B 4@@7 15242(1993).
- Y-Malozovsky, S.M.Bose, P-Longe, J.D.Fan. "Eliashberg equations and superconductivity in a lavered two-dimensional metal." Pliys. Rev. B 48@@ 10504(1993).
- Y. Malozovsky, J.D. Fan, "Electron-Phonon Interaction an(i Damping in a Layered Metal." Physics Letters A, 184,136(1993). 8. Y. Malozovsky and J.D. Fan, " Pair Interaction potential in a Dimensional Metal." Phys. Rev. B 49,4334(1994) 9. Y. Malozovsky and J.D. Fan, " Possibility of the Nonphonon Superconductivity in a Layered Fermi Liquid." Physica C 231, 63(1994). 10. J.D. Fan and Y.M. Malozovsky, " High-Tc superconductivitn, iii a layered system." Physica B 206 & 207, 660(1995).
Department of Physics of Faculty