Department of Physics
Southern University and A&M College
- AREA OF INTEREST:
Preparation and characterization of materials for Solid State Batteries, Solid State Sensors,
CMOS Devices, and Photonics.
- RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
June 1994-Aug 1994: Staff Chemist, Material Science Division, LLNL, CA.
- May 1993-Aug 1993: Member of Technical Staff, AT&T
Microelectronics, Allentown, Studied " Redistribution of Dopants and Identification of Metal
Dopant compounds in Refractory Metal Silicides" and Impurity Analysis of DC magnetron
sputtered WSi films.
- May 1992-Aug 1992: Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Bell
Laboratories, Allentown, PA- 181103. Studied "Interdiffusion and Interrnetallic formation of Al-
Si-Cu/TiN/TiS'2/S'02-" Junction Integrity and Thermal Stability Studies.
- May 199 1 -Aug 199 1: Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Bell Lab. Allentown. Studied
"Formation of multiple TiS'2 on implanted profiles, dopant effects in polysilicon and diffusion
kinetics of TiS'2/PO'YSilicon thin film couples."
- May 1990-Aug 1990: Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Bell Labor atories, Allentown.
Studied "Thermal Stability of TiS'2 and its impact on CMOS technologies." Also involved in the
characterization of Rapid Thermally Annealed titanium films contacting silicide and non silicide
- May 1989-Aug 1989: Research Associate, Corrosion Research Center, Department of
Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, MN. Studied "Preparation and characterization of
solid electrolytes for solid state batteries and sensors."
- May 1987-Aug 1987: Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, University of New
Orleans, NO, LA. Studied "Electron density distribution of metal alloys."
- March 1985-Aug 1986: Post Doctoral Fellow, Dept. of Chemistry , University of New
Orleans, LA. "Crystal structure determination of some selected inorganic complexes."
- March 1977-March 1980: Senior Research Fellow, Department of Physics, Indian Institute
of Technology, Madras-36. Studied "Optical and electrical properties of ions in solids."
- March 1974-March 1977: Junior Research Fellow, CSIR. Worked
in the project "Development of Optical Memory Devices."
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
Aug 1992-present Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Southern Univ., LA.
Huel Perkins Teacher of the Year 1994, and College Teacher of the Year 1993, Southern
University Aug 1986-Aug 1992 * Asst. Professor, Southern Univ., Baton Rouge , LA
Aug 1980-Feb 1985 Lecturer in Physics, Department of Physics,
Nagarjuna University, KLCE, Guntoor Dt., India
Ph.D Physics 1982 Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India.
MS Physics 1974 School of Studies in Physics, Vikram University, Ujain.
BS Physics 1972 Andhra University, Waltair.
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS:
- 1) Effect of Rapid Thennally Nitrided Titanium Films contacting silicided and non-silicided
junctions. S. Chittipeddi, M.J.Kelly, C.M.Dziuba, V,C.Kannan, W.T.Cochran and B.Rambabu*.
Vol.22, No. 7, 783-797, 1993.
- 2) Effect of Dopants in Salicided Titanium Disilicided CMOs
Structures: S.Chittipeddi, M.J.Kelly et. al., W.T.Cochran, and B.Rambabu: Semic. Sci.& T echn
Vol 8. 1993, 2023-2029
- 3) Integrity of Shallow Junction CMOs Structures with TilTiNIAI-Si-Cu and TilTiNIAI-Cu Contact
Metalizations. S. Chittipeddi et al, W.TCochran, and B.Rambabu, Advanced metalizationsfor
ULSI applications in 1993, UC, Oct 5-7, 199 3 ( Accepted for Publication in Solid State
- 4) Contaminations and Impurities in DC magnetron Sputtered WSi
film: An analytical study M.J.Sundhal et. al. and B.Rambabu, AT&T TM Dec 1993/Jan 1994,
Physica. Stat. Solidi Jan 1995.
- 6) Thermal Stability of Titanium disilicide and its impact in
CMOs structures, S.Chittipeddi et al and B.Rambabu, AT&T TM 52814-911608-OITM. NSBP,
May 199 2, p 68-7 1.
- 7) Silver Arsenate Electrolyte Batteries: Conduction Characteristics and Electrochemical
Performance: P.S.S.Prasad and B.Rambabu. J.of Power Sources. Vol. 34, 339-352, 1991
- 8) Fast Ion Conducting Glasses: Effect ofpreparation on
conductivity and correlation with surface analysis using Scanning Electron Microscopy: P. S. S.
Prasad and B. Rambabu. Journal of Material Science. Vol 26, 2451-247,1991.
- 9) Compositional dependent electrical conductivity in Silver
Arsenite Solid Electrolytes: P. S. S. Prasad and B.Rambabu, Journal of Mat. Sci. Letters, Vol .9,
- 10) Experimental Thinfilm Deposition and Surface Analysis techniques. Materials for Solid
State Batteries, World Scientific Publishing Co., Singapore. pp.83-89, 1986.
- 11) Binuclear Molecular Incorporating Small Molecules as bridging ligands. Magnetic
Properties and Molecular structure of [Cu L-B] where B=OH or Br or Cl. Bi-(N-2-Pyridyl
fonnodolyl) U-methylphenoL J. of Inorganic C hem. Vol.25, No. 14, 2300-2310, 1986. Charles
J.O'Conner et.al., B.Rambabu and Ed win D.Stevens.
- 12) Radiation Effects on Co and Ni doped NH4Cl crystals. Nuclear instruments and methods in
Physics Research, 356, ACN 462-468 1984. B.Rambabu, C.Ramasastry and B.V.R.Chowdari.
- 13) Radiation damage studies of Co and Ni doped NH4CI crystals.
Phys. Stat. Solidi(b) 118, 381 (1983). B.Rambabu, C.Ramasastry and B.V.R.Chowdari.
- 14) Cobalt Centers in Ammonium Chloride: optical absorption studies. Physica Status Solidi(b)
118, 541 1983. B.Rambabu, C. Ramasastry and B.V.R.C howdari.
- 15) Optical Absorption bands of Cu: CsBr crystals. Physica Status Solidi(b) 90, 465
(1978).B.Rambabu and B.V.R.Chowdari.
*) Over 30 publications in professional journals, conferences, and experience with experimental
techniques such as A.ES, XPS, XRD, SEM, TEM, ESR, optical absorption spectrophotometers,
thin film deposition and crystal growth techniques.