Department of Physics
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70813
Ph. D. in Physics, Illinois Institute of Technology (May, 1984)
- HONORS AND SPECIAL ACTIVITIES
- Main Author of Multiphoton Nonperturbative QED Theory. The theory has been presented by T.
Aberg in Nobel Symposium No. 85 (Stockholm, June, 1992),
- Referee, Physical Review Letters (1991 - present)
- Member, American Physics Society (1984 - present)
- Adjunct Professor, Centro de Investigaci'on of Mexico (I 984 - 1985)
- TEACHING EXPEREENCE
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University and A & M College,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana (August, 1992 - present)
- RESEARCH EXPEREENCE
- Physicist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (June, 1993 - August, 1993 @ June 1994-
- Postdoctoral Fellow at Theoretical Atomic Physics with Professor G. W. F. Drake, Department of
Physics, University of Windsor (August, 1990 - June, 1992)
- Research Associate at Chemical Physics Institute, University of Oregon with Professor B.
Crasemann and Professor H. Carmichael (September, 1986 - August, 1990)
- Research Associate at Theoretical Atomic Physics with Professor W. R. Johnson, Department of
Physics, University of Notre Dame (September, 1984 - September, 1986)
- Twenty-three (23)
- SELECTED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS:
- "Multiphoton Ionization in Circularly Polarized Standing Waves", D. S. Guo and
G. W. F. Drake, Phys. Rev. A 45 6622-6635 (1992).
- "Scattering Theory of Multiphoton Ionization in Strong Fields", D. S. Guo, T.
Aberg and B. Crasemann, Phys. Rev. A 40, 4997-5005 (1989).
- "Quantum Electrod@cal Approach to Multiphoton Ionization in the
high-Intensity Field:, D. S. Guo and T. Aberg, J. Phys. A 21, 4577-4591 (1988).
- "Energy Shifts of Bound States in Strong Radiation Fields", Ju Gao and D. S.
Guo, Phys. Rev. A. (in press).
- "Stationary Solutions for an Electron in an Intense Laser Field: I 1. Multi-Mode
Case", D. S. Guo and G. W. F. Drake, J. of Phys A 25, 5377-5394 (1992).
- "StationarySolutionsforanElectroninanlntenseLaserField: 1. Single-Mode
Case", D. S. Guo and G. W. G. Drake, J. of Phys A 25, 338303397 (1992).
- "Interaction of an Electron with a Multimode Quantized Radiation Field", D. S.
Guo, Phys. Rev. A 42, 4302-4314 (1990).
- "Scattering Theoretical Approaches to Multiphoton Ionization in Strong Fields",
T. Aberg, D. S. Guo, J. Ruscheinski and Bemd Crasemann, Phys. Rev. A f 44, 3169-3178
- "Theory of Two-Photon Emission from Atomic Inner Shells", D. S. Guo, Phys.
Rev. A 36, 4267-4271 (1987).
- "Nonperturbative Approach to the Formation of Cooper Pairs in
Superconductivity", J. Gao, J. D. Fan, D. Bagayoko, D. S. Guo (in press).