Dear Students (and Faculty, Staff):
(1) You are asked to call the Louisiana Board of Regents' Emergency Number (from 7AM to 7PM): 1-866-415-2269 . Also, see www.regents.state.la.us . The Board of Regents is setting up a comprehensive support system for faculty, students, etc., from the entire N.O. area. Please read details at the web site .
(2) Tuition payment is basically deferred, at Louisiana institutions, for students affected by Katrina . DON'T WAIT TO ENROLL, deadline dates are different for different Louisiana colleges/universities.
(3) All students affected by the Hurricane are URGED to apply IMMEDIATELY FOR FEDERAL STUDENT FINANCIAL AID, EVEN IF THEY HAD ALREADY APPLIED THIS SEMESTER. Drastic changes in financial status, not to mention incredible hardships, are among the reasons for applying again. Affected students are to do so at the institutions where they are enrolling ( in or outside Louisiana ). Please follow developments at the web site of the US Department of Education.
(4) For personal, individual assistance, see www.fema.gov (to file for assistance online). Affected students are eligible to receive assistance from FEMA . BUT, NO FUNDING OR ASSISTANCE FROM FEMA IS POSSIBLE WITHOUT AN APPLICATION. The online application form can be completed at the web site given above. Students, faculty, and staff who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina are all ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL ASSISTANCE. ! At the web site, look for "individual assistance"
Remember, please check the web sites periodically for updates at www.ls-lamp.org and www.phys.subr.edu/timbuktu.htm .
Thank you for your attention.
LS-LAMP and Timbuktu Academy Management
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION IN THE FORMAT BELOW TO ENABLE US TO ASSIST YOU.
We have received numerous offers from universities nationwide who would like to help by permitting LAMP students (affected by hurricane Katrina) to enroll in their programs for one or more semesters. Based on the number of students, we will also search for financial support from a variety of state and federal agencies and from the industry
- LAST NAME:
- FIRST NAME:
- MIDDLE INITIAL:
- INSTITUTION (Permanent):
- INSTITUTION (This semester)
- Number of Hours Carried this Semester:
- CURRENT ADDRESS:
- CURRENT PHONE:
- CURRENT FAX:
- EMAIL ADDRESS: [If you have a permanent address that has not been affected
by the Hurricane, please provide it below]
- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: DO NOT EMAIL YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
Please provide a non-504
land line phone number
where you can be contacted for your
Social Security Number. Or, please fax your full name and social security
number to 225 771-4341 or 225 771-2311
NOTE: Please get a gmail, yahoo, hotmail email address if you do not have one and include it with this information. DO NOT PROVIDE UNIVERSITY EMAIL AS IT MAY NOT BE WORKING)
SUBMIT THE CONTACT INFORMATION TO THE LS-LAMP OFFICE
EMAIL: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX: 225 771-2311 or 225 771-4341
Dr. Bagayoko at 1 225 205-7482 (anytime)
Ms. McNeely at 1 225 266-6361
Timbuktu Academy at 1 225 771-2730
PRESS RELEASE: CLICK HERE
Last Updated 9/30/05
Information Clearinghouse for displaced
students and faculty: CLICK HERE
Emergency Educational Assistance to displaced New Orleans Area Students :CLICK HERE
Last Updated 9/9/05
FOUNDATIONS ASSISTING DISPLACED STUDENTS : CLICK HERE
Last Updated 9/8/05
Universities offering educational assistance to displaced students: CLICK HERE
THE CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION ARTICLES: CLICK HERE
Last Updated 9/7/05
ASSISTANCE FOR DISPLACED FACULTY: CLICK HERE
ESTIMATED WATER LEVEL THROUGHOUT NEW ORLEANS:
To check water depth, please cursor at the desired spot and click
Hurricane Assistance Website for Physicists
If you need help or have help to give, please visit the site at
Free Online courses for displaced students:
Book Awards for SUBR Commuter students and Dillard, SUNO, and Xavier
students at SUBR: CLICK HERE
SFIAA: HARVARD WILL ADMIT DISPLACED STUDENTS, FREE TUITION
Southern University Baton Rouge Accommodates Displaced Students (SUBR Hotline 1-866-334-8294)
Louisiana Board of Regents' Emergency Number (from 7AM to 7PM): 1-866-415-2269 and www.regents.state.la.us
PLEASE PROVIDE THE LAMP WEBSITE ADDRESS TO ALL AFFECTED LAMP STUDENTS WHO HAVE CONTACTED YOU FOR HELP
PLEASE REQUEST THEM TO CHECK THE LAMP WEBSITE FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATED INFORMATION